Thursday, January 28, 2010

let the beat build

No, I'm not talking about Lil Wayne. But if you do have a soft spot for raunchy rap like I do (embarrassingly enough- D can't stand it) you recognized my title. If not, good for you!

Lets talk wedding music.

I still remember the exact moment I knew what song would be played at my wedding. I was 7, my mother and I were in the Nordstrom shoe department and the pianist was playing Canon in D. I looked up and told her that's what song I wanted in my wedding. She still remembers this moment. Pachelbel's Canon in D is just a very beautiful and traditional song- an obvious choice for a wedding. I've decided to have our wedding party walk down to this. For your listening pleasure:

Canon in D

(Sorry I'm slow and don't know how to post it as a video...)

However, the song I want to walk down the aisle to is a bit different. My mother and I would watch Legends of the Fall for HOURS growing up. Don't get me wrong, it was a great movie- but the music was BEAUTIFUL. A bit dramatic- but hey we are tying the knot right? Honestly, it makes me tear up a little every time I listen to it.

Ludlows


xoxoxoxo

1 comment: