Monday, December 7, 2009

a sephora spree...

D surprised me with the tea maker on Friday! Let me just say I LOVE this. I’ve been making tea for the past 3 days non-stop! I took the plunge this morning and only drank one cup of coffee, then I’ve been drinking tea all day and so far so good! They had a test sample of the mix I bought and I just fell in love with it. It’s the White Ayurvedic Chai and the Samurai Chat Mate. It’s a yummy chai and the rock sugar adds just the right amount of sweetness to it. I definitely recommend this and it would really make the best gift!

In other news, I went a little Sephora crazy last week (I absolutely love Sephora and will never shop at Ulta because of A) their return policy B) I had a friend that worked there and I should have written a case study about their poor management/customer service as my senior capstone- it was that bad! And C) Sephora points. Need I say more?). I received an e-mail that was $15 off any $45 purchase so of course I had to put it to good use. My Dior Iconic mascara is about to be done for, so I ordered the new YSL Singulier. I’ve heard this mascara works miracles so we will see! I also purchased the Make Up Forever HD Microfinish Powder (I’ve also heard great things about this- I’m over my mineral veil so hopefully I like this). I also purchased MUFE Matte Velvet and started using that on Friday- really like it so far, I’ve been using Bare Minerals for so long it’s weird to use an liquid foundation again but you really can’t beat the coverage.

D and I stopped by Barnes and Noble yesterday and I picked up this book for us:


We only read about 20 pages last night but we loved it. The first chapters talked about wives respecting their husbands and husbands loving their wives, and how couples are constantly going through cycles but if you always have love (for the wife) and respect (for the husband) your partners needs are fulfilled and you can conquer anything. I’d definitely recommend it for couples who are interested in improving their relationships and learning new techniques and theories how to do so. I’ll update you as we get further in the book!


xoxoxoxo

1 comment:

  1. I'm with you....Sephora is my haven. That book sounds interesting...I"ll have to pick it up.

    xoxo!

    ReplyDelete