Thursday, December 10, 2009

got a light?

I found this very interesting. I love the Freakonomics column published by the New York Times. This article talks about the inefficiencies in the U.S health care system and why the U.S. only ranks 29th in longevity. Heavy smoking is mentioned near the end of the abstract

I don't know about you all- but I was shocked when I first started my new job at how many of my coworkers smoke cigarettes. Even more so- the number of coworkers that smoke 1-2 packs a day. Maybe it is

A) my generation (a know few friends that smoke, and feel like fewer early 20 year-olds smoke now than in years past)

B) that I grew up in Colorado, which is a relatively healthy state

Either way I just remember being shocked. This summer D and I were visiting family in Texas and I couldn't believe they allowed smoking in their bars! I have asthma so needless to say it wasn't my favorite night out.

Happy Thursday (and Friday to me)!



xoxoxoxo

No comments:

Post a Comment