Wednesday, November 11, 2009

from sorority girl to housewife...

So all of you sorority girls know- when you live in a sorority chapter house while the experience definitely blesses you with some wonderful sisters and amazing memories- it robs you of becoming domesticated.

I'm saying I didn't know you were supposed to wash dishes with hot water.

Until last summer.

I am 22 years old.



I know a lot of you will say this was my mothers duty- and you're right. But I had one of those mothers that didn't let us touch the dishes because she thought we would either A) break a dish or B) put them away wet/incorrectly. I called her immediately after the hot water incident and she calmly replied, "Honey, women know these things."


I missed the memo. Entirely. I was using freezing cold water because it felt good on my hands.


SO anyways. Like I was saying. Living in my chapter house for most of college, we always had cooks and cleaning women that kept the house in great shape and our bellies full (a little too full hellooo college buddha belly...). So when I moved out, I was like a lost puppy surviving on frozen dinners and subway. Well, a few weeks ago I made a vow that I would try new things. D and I registered at Crate and Barrel a few weeks ago and I was amazed at how fun the kitchen/baking aisles were. Then, a week ago at the mall I stopped into Williams Sonoma to "look around." That was step one.

Purchasing THIS was step two.

D, the roomie and I made them last Sunday and they were so fun. D gave them out to his friends and they all said they were really good too! We mixed apples with sugar and cinnamon and I seriously could have eaten just that.

Every few weeks I'm going to invest in something kitchen related. I don't even have a muffin pan yet. But albeit a slow start- it is a start right?

xoxoxoxo

No comments:

Post a Comment